Friday, September 26, 2008

A Crafting Fool

In between all the other things I have been doing (Enrichment, Family Fun Night...Nothing) I've been feeling kind of crafty. It's not really my strength and I can copy anything, but I enjoy it and it's kind of a creative outlet. I used to do floral arranging, but I prefer fresh flowers and they are expensive and hard to find.


Last Thanksgiving/Christmas, I got a Cricut from Provo Craft (www.cricut.com). In case you are not familiar, they are a personal die cutting machine. Basically, I plug a cartridge in and it will cut shapes and letters up to 5 1/2 inches. Trust me, it's really fun. I would imagine that if you are a frequent scrapbooker/papercrafter/crafty person you would appreciate this little gem. Anyway, I found this great craft idea on pccrafter.com that uses Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Test Tube Pen Sets. These are so cool. You can put candy in the test tubes and then use the little pens to embellish the fun stuff you make to go with them. As soon as I get mine finished I will post pictures. I love them and think they are perfect for visiting teaching!! The best thing about the Cricut...it also cuts vinyl. That's right. For a fraction of the price, I can hop on the "I decorate everything in my house with cute vinyl sayings" bandwagon. I apologize for the sarcasm there, but some people just go way overboard with a good idea.


I also am making some cute wood signs for Halloween, Fall Harvest and Christmas. Super Saturday is coming up and I am all ready for 8 straight hours of crafting and chatting...mostly chatting...I don't really have much more crafting to do.

3 comments:

arah said...

ohhh...fun. i wish I had one, but i get use my friends.

Quinn said...

I can't believe you say you aren't very crafty!! Weren't you our RS Homemaking night leader! (or whatever it used to be called) Anyway, I'd give anything to spend those 8 hours crafting (I mean chatting) with you. Benny bought me a ticket. I will be in UT the 13th-3rd. Wanna come see me??

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Vehicle Tracking System